Saturday, July 7, 2007

How Times Have Changed!!!

I still hear the authoritarian voice ringing in my ears when we had been to participate in an interschool competition in BEL School, Bangalore ordering us to keep quiet. I, in Class 9 then was representing my School in a Quiz competition and we were asked to maintain silence while the competition was on. We were asked to sit in one place and be disciplined.



I was in for a very nice surprise yesterday when I went to Ambedkar Bhavan to pick my daughter up from the All India inter school national competition conducted by Horlicks called the Horlicks Activity, the biggest inter school fiesta. It was all about energy and enthusiasm and noise what with the organisers asking the audience to scream, dance and generally have fun and the children were more than willing to do so. There was a banner outside which read "CAUTION: WHIZKIDS INSIDE" . :-)


I saw the energy and the involvement with which the children were participating in the group dance, music etc conducted yesterday and today. It is a very interactive and wonderfully conducted competition having all schools from Bangalore participating. Another surprise was when the team from St. Joseph's Boys European School was represented by an all girl team. Well, they clarified that girls were also in the School now :-)



All in all, a very nice change from the routine work being with children shouting and cheering teams, a dhamaka. The half an hour I spent there was enough to have my adrenalin pumping and getting me all charged up. A nice Friday evening it was. Kudos to the organisers for coming up with such a wonderful competition which was more about participating than anything else.

No comments: