Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Sound of Music


Have they stopped making such movies?

The movie, a musical is one loved for the songs, the actors and well, the Sound of Music ofcourse. It is all about a captain who has 7 children and our heroine, Maria goes in to take care of them. The brats that they are, they try to chase her away but she manages to woo them. Set in the nazi period, it is a wonderful movie.



Do re me is a favourite with children. But my all time favourite is the Confidence song and love the portion
I have confidence in confidence alone
Besides which you see I have confidence in me!


Then there is this "These are a few of my favourite things" So fresh and peppy even today. I cant have enough of watching and listening to all these songs

4 comments:

Digitally Inspired said...

Yeah one amoung the Masterpiece ever created. How can anyone forget that do re me. This is one part which we are missing now a days in english movies.

Balaji S Rajan said...

WOW! That is a classic and my whole family love watching it on DVD whenever we like.

Jo said...

Hollywood still produce such musicals. Dream Girls was the last musical I enjoyed. And Ray, Walk The Lane etc were superb too.

Rama said...

-Digitally Inspired

Yes, Do Re Me is such a wonderful song and I learnt the raaga Shankarabharanam's arohanam and avarohanam from Do Re Me :)

-- Balaji

We too watch it at the slightest pretext. But my daughters rate My Fair Lady a notch higher than the Sound of Music. I place both of them on par with one another

-- Jo

Yes, I did watch the Dream Girls and I did enjoy the music but somehow I felt that it did not measure upto the Sound of Music. My feeling though :)